Chitradurga-fort, an unplanned visual story

A cloudless sunny sky welcomed us to Chitradurga, a fort city located in the central Karnataka.The fort is in the heart of the city. The entrance of the fort with huge & aged rock walls made us feel so tinier in the time-space continuum. Looking at the rocks
helped to push me into a deep contemplation. Further ahead, we had the opportunity to see Mr.Kothiraj climbing those invincible rocks. Perplexed with his ability & courage I managed to take a picture of him. And the man with the orange turban was a luck by chance. I have tried to relate the curving turban with the groovy rocks both symbols of a bygone era. Sun & we were in a race, one to climb up and another to race down. I managed to make a wide frame with Jokali Kamba & deepa sthamba with the sun to create a backlit image. The further climb was difficult as the steps vanished.
A little but a steep climb to the top led us to beautiful approaching dusk, On the way i tried to capture a cactus with the dry rock and a barren sky with a small yet visible moon. A photographer's golden time of the day was near.The slant shadows, the orange trying to conquer the blues & the Nikon D7200 with a built in HDR everything added to the drama of the HDR landscape.
Content with the climb we hiked down the cliff and the sun was gone.I was ready to pack the camera but happened to see a couple from Bangalore carrying their daughter piggyback.The yellow light, a narrow wall corridor, and the shadows helped me get that image.
On the way back, we happened to see a fair usually called an exhibition by the locals. I stopped the car, having forgotten the tripod I used my car to get the long exposure of the giant wheel and its reflection on my car top.
So an unplanned short excursion became a visual essay and an experience and some deep thoughts running in my mind.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tarmac

HOME

Indoors when it Rains